Microwave Oven Overview
Evolution Concept of Microwave
As the world is developing, so are the needs. People have a busy schedule and almost have no time to waste on cooking. This leads to the production of frozen food and microwave ovens. From the start of the 21st century, baking has been a trend across the globe. For this purpose, people used a gas oven in the early days. Later, gas ovens were shifted to electric ovens because they were environment friendly and did not consume natural gas fuel.
One drawback of an electric oven is it can be very expensive. Not everyone can afford an electric oven. There was a need for a device that can bring ease to life and also be affordable. This need lead to the evolution of the microwave oven which is a common need of every house nowadays.
A microwave is a device used in homes for heating or defrosting purposes. An oven is used for cooking or even baking.
Nowadays, instead of buying a microwave and oven separately, Pakistani consumers are moving towards a more modern approach, which is a microwave oven that can be used for both purposes of heating as well as cooking.
Because of combining both technologies microwave and oven together, it gave a massive market to this product. In Pakistan, this combination made it easy for customers to buy a single device having multi-functions.
Microwave Oven working
It is a dielectric heating process. Microwave Oven works by exposing the food by electromagnetic radiations for heating and cooking. The electromagnetic radiations penetrate the food with microwave frequency and make the polar molecules inside it to vibrate and produce thermal energy.
The walls of microwave cooking chamber
So let’s talk about how a microwave oven works but First of all we should have to know about the parts of a microwave oven
- The main part of a microwave oven is Magnetron(A microwave generator)
- Timer switch
- Rotating plate/ turntable
- Electricity input
- At the very first, when you give electricity to the microwave oven, it turns on. When we put food on the turntable and set time in the timer, then we turn the switch on by which the microwave oven starts heating/ cooking.
- When the start button is pressed, a direct signal is sent to the Magnetron, as the electricity is on the Magnetron converts electrical energy into high-powered radio waves.
- These radio waves are then taken to the heating section, where the food is placed through the waveguide.
- In that chamber where the food is placed, the microwaves are reflected by the walls and hit the food placed there.
- These microwaves increase the vibration of the molecules present in the food; because of this, the food gets heated or cooked.
- These microwaves have high intensity so that the food is heated rapidly in just seconds, and food can be cooked in a couple of minutes.
Usually, in Pakistan, people who live in hostels, or even a lot of families here use a microwave oven for cooking or heating food for them.
Types of Microwave Oven(according to working)
- Works with the help of Gas or Sui gas(for Pakistan)
- And works with Electricity.
In Pakistan, most of the people use microwave ovens that work with the help of electricity, because nowadays most of the microwave ovens working by electricity having energy-saving technology which reduces the electricity consumption and cost of your electricity bill.
We should have to adopt new technologies so that Pakistanis can develop ourselves and compete in the world.
Microwave Oven components
It has a Power source of high voltage that passes energy to the magnetic material inside the microwave. It has a strong capacitor that is attached to the magnet. The magnet converts the electric power into microwave radiations. There is a microcontroller (micro radiation controlling circuit) and a control panel. A turning tube, a stirring fan, and a metal cooking chamber.
Leading brands selling microwave ovens in Pakistan
Top brands selling Microwave Ovens in Pakistan are listed below
Top Microwave Ovens in Pakistan
These brands have some microwave ovens as their best sellers that are discussed below.
- Dawlance Classic Series Microwave Oven SW-MD4
- PEL Microwave Oven Grill 30BG 30Ltr
- Waves Digital Grill Microwave Oven WMO-23DBGL
- NN-SM332 Panasonic Microwave Oven.
Dawlance Classic Series Microwave Oven SW-MD4
- This product is one of the best from the Dawlance Classic series. The reason for its popularity is its efficiency and a reliable cost. The cost of the product matters more than the product itself. If you can get a high-quality product at a reasonable price, it is a dream come true.
- SW-MD4 Specifications
- It has a storage capacity of 20 Litres. It can cook a large quantity of food at one time.
- SW-MD4 is environment friendly and consume less electricity. It can work on a low power supply of 700 W.
- It has a wide-open door to one side and two control. One button is used to manage the heat. That's why it is also known as a heat controller and the other one is used to set the time.
- Below these controllers, here are some buttons to manage the functions to be performed. These buttons are touch-sensitive and can work on a slight touch.
- The cooking chamber is made up of stainless steel. And has a white interior so that waves are not absorbed into the metal surface. Stainless steel provides easy cleaning when needed.
- SW-MD4 has a medium display window. The cooking chamber has a light to make the food visible while the operation is being performed.
- This product is available in two colors, black and white. Dawlance gives a 1-year warranty on SW-MD4 in case the product has any defect. This assures quality and customer trust.
PEL Microwave Oven Grill 30BG 30Ltr
- It has a full digital panel that is touch-sensitive. It has a time setting button, heat setting button to regulate the operations. There are several other buttons for defrosting, grill, baking, etc.
- This microwave oven offers you some in-built Pakistani recipes and can work on the efficient temperature for these products.
- It can enable child-lock for safety purposes.
- This microwave oven has a storage capacity of 30 liters so it can cook a large quantity of food in one go.
- It has features like jet defrosts and weight defrost which specifies that the quantity of the product does not matter and the operation will be performed efficiently.
- The timer can be settled for 30 minutes max.
- PEL microwave oven is available only in black color. The product has a warranty of 1 year in case of any issue in the product.
NN-SM332 Panasonic Microwave Oven
- Panasonic Microwave Oven has a sideways door. It can work on a power supply of 450W which makes it environmentally friendly. It can control electricity bills due to low power consumption.
- It has features like defrost, grill, baking, etc.
- Microwave operates on 2 controllers, one for heat setting that has an option from defrost to high heat. The other is a time controller. The maximum time set is of 30 minutes.
- This product was only available in white color.
- The interior of the Microwave oven is made up of stainless steel which is easy for cleaning purposes.
Microwave oven functions
Microwave Oven is designed for cooking, baking, grilling, defrosting, reheating the food. There are specified options for every single category of meat, which can be chicken, beef, mutton, and fish.
Apart from these normal functions offered by a Microwave, several other shocking functions are listed below.
- It can be used to cook raw fruits – microwave act as a vacuum chamber and work for artificial ripening of fruit.
- If can make citrus fruits sweet and juicy.
- The microwave chamber does not let the heat escape from it. For this purpose, it can be used to raise the yeast for making all king of dough – Put the hot boiling water in the cup and place the dough along with the cup inside the microwave and wait until the dough rises.
- It is used to liquefy honey – If honey has become solid in the jar, it does not mean it has become useless. Put the honey jar into the microwave without the oven for 30 to 60 seconds. The crystals will be melted into liquid honey. The honey will have the same viscosity as before.
- A microwave oven can be used to peel of garlic - Put the garlic cloves into the microwave for 10 seconds and then peel it off.
- Microwave Oven can ease chopping Onions – Put the onions inside the microwave oven for 20 to 30 seconds. It will remove the string from the onion and you can chop the onion without getting any tears.
- Putting the lemons in the microwave oven before squeezing it can make it juicier.
- It can be used for heating hair oils and other ointments as well.
- It can be used to soak beans overnight.
- It can cook seasoned fish and potatoes.
- It can be used to steam cook the vegetables.
Microwave Oven Frequency
Microwave Oven works on a frequency of 2.45 GHz. It has a wavelength of 12.2 cm. It reaches the food in the cooking chamber from every corner and heats it equally.
If the food is placed in the center of the plate, it is often heated from certain sides, due to which most of the food remains cold.
IF the food is placed on the edge of the plate, it moves inside the chamber from every corner as the plate moves. This helps the food to be heated from every corner.